The “Augmented Reality STEM Teachers: Professional Development Programme” in Cyprus has already started! The programme is offered by the European University Cyprus, in collaboration with the Open University of Cyprus and the Gymnasium of Palouriotissa, in the context of the Erasmus+ EL-STEM project.
24 Secondary Education Teachers of STEM-related courses and 6 Primary Education Teachers have been selected to attend the programme, delivered in a blended approach, including participation in the online course (https://elstem.ouc.ac.cy) and five (5) F2F meetings of three (3) hours each, during February and May 2019.
The F2F topics include:
- 1st meeting: 13/2 (WED) 15.30 -18.30 / Introduction to STEM, inquiry-based education, interdisciplinarity/collaboration activities to create interdisciplinary Lesson Plans concerning STEM topics/ discussion
- 2nd meeting: 27/2 (WED) 15.30-18.30 / introduction to VR/AR/MR technologies – practice with HP Reveal (Studio + Application) / navigation through existing repositories of AR Learning Objects / Development of Lesson Plans supported by VR/AR/MR technologies/ discussion
- 3rd meeting: 13/3 (WED) 15.30-18.30 / practice with Scratch/examples of AR games / discussion
- 4th meeting: 3/4 (WED) 15.30-18.30 / practice with Unity/ examples of applications / discussion
- 5th meeting: 8/5 (WED) 15.30-18.30 / Observation and Reflection of Lesson Plans developed during the training/ Share of AR Learning Objects and Lesson Plans with the community of AR STEM teachers of the EL-STEM project